Wilhelm Borremans St. Rosalia
Church of St. Mary of the Admiral ("The Martorana"), Palermo, Sicily
Borremans included images of a number of female saints in his 1717 redecoration of what was at the time the church of a Benedictine convent. This image of St. Rosalia involves two of her attributes, the crucifix and the crown of roses.
View this image in full resolution.
Read more about St. Rosalia of Palermo.
Photographed at the Martorana by Richard Stracke, shared under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.